What is Military Family Relief Program (MFRP)?

If you or your spouse is called to full-time active military service by the President of the United States or the Governor of California during a time of declared national or state emergency or war, you may apply for a 180-day period shut-off protection for residential water service. The MFRP only defers the time of payment of all water charges and does not waive or cancel them.

To apply for the MFRP at your residence, please fill out this application and submit it to the Golden State Water Company. You will receive the MFRP shutoff protection benefit after Golden State Water Company receives, verifies and approves your completed and signed application.

If you need help filling out the application, or would like more information about the program, please call Golden State Water Company 24-hour customer service center at 1-800-999-4033.

What are the Benefits?

  • A 180-day shut off protection period.
  • Repayment plan that allows payment of past due amounts.
  • No late payment fees or interest charges imposed during the period of active military service or the repayment period.

What are the Qualifications?

To qualify for the MFRP, I understand:

  • I am a residential customer served by Golden State Water Company.
  • The water utility bill is in my name.
  • I must provide a copy of the activation or deployment order that specifies the duration of the active duty status.
  • I must notify Golden State Water Company if the active duty status is either shortened or extended.
  • I must provide Golden State Water Company written notice that includes the date of service termination and a valid forwarding address if I move from the residence.
  • I must provide a self-certified statement that my legal dependent(s), if any, occupy the residence.

Apply now for the Military Family Relief Program.

Low Income Program
California Alternate Rates for Water (CARW)

Golden State Water Company offers a monthly credit on your bill for customers that qualify for the California Alternate Rates for Water (CARW) program. If you already participate in the CARE program of participating energy utilities you also qualify for Golden State Water’s CARW program by submitting a copy of a current utility bill showing your eligibility for CARE.

Qualifications are based on the number of people living in your home and your total household income, including wages, government checks and benefits, and other financial support you and members of your family receive.

For further information, please contact customer service at (866) 360-CARW. To obtain an application, click on the links below or select a location.

Application (English)
Application (Spanish)