Click here to view our latest Waterways Newsletter.
Important Drought Notice: The local conservation standard has been adjusted for Golden State Water’s Simi Valley water system. Customers may now water outdoor landscapes up to three days per week with new voluntary conservation targets.
|System||Watering Days (Even)||Watering Days (Odd)||Reduction Goal||October Reduction||Total Reduction|
|Simi Valley||Mon, Thu, Sat||Tue, Fri, Sun||22%||22%||23%|
* Reductions compared to 2013 usage
Total Reductions: June 1, 2016 – Nov. 27, 2016
Chart Key: Meeting Goal / Not Meeting Goal
This conservation standard is aligned with the State Water Board’s shift to locally-developed conservation strategies, which challenges water providers to implement conservation policies and supply investments to address the ongoing drought emergency. These standards could be revised pending the state’s verification of self-certification data and developments related to local water supply conditions and conservation.
Stage 1 (current stage): Customers may water outdoor landscapes up to three days per week. All watering should occur before 8 am or after 7 pm, and should not exceed 10 minutes per station.
Stage 2: Irrigation restrictions from Stage 1; $2.50 emergency surcharge per CcF over allocation
Stage 3: Irrigation restrictions from Stage 1; $5 emergency surcharge per CcF over allocation
Stage 4: Irrigation restrictions from Stage 1; $10 emergency surcharge per CcF over allocation
Stage 5: All outdoor use of potable water is prohibited; $10 emergency surcharge per CcF over allocation; all single-family residential customers will receive allocations based on four-person household (8 CcF per monthly billing/16 CcF per bi-monthly billing)
To learn more, please click here to visit the Drought Page of our website.
Golden State Water has been a water provider for a portion of Simi Valley since 1965. We are proud to serve quality, reliable water to approximately 13,300 customers.Office Location Simi Valley CSA 4680 E Los Angeles Ave. Ste H Simi Valley CA 93063
General Manager: Mark Zimmer Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday, excluding holidays
Average Monthly Residential Water Usage in Simi Valley
- The average monthly residential water usage in Golden State Water’s Simi Valley Customer Service Area is approximately 13 Ccf, the equivalent of 1,300 cubic feet or 9,724 gallons.
- Average water bill is currently $50.56, excluding any applicable credits or surcharges.
- Water delivered to customers in the Simi Valley System is treated surface water purchased from the Calleguas Municipal Water District, which obtains its supply from Metropolitan Water District of Southern California. The primary water supply is also supplemented with groundwater from the Simi Valley Groundwater Basin.
Urban Water Management Plan (UWMP)
Every five years, UWMPs are prepared for systems that supply more than 3,000 acre-feet of water per year or serve more than 3,000 connections. UWMPs are prepared to support long-term planning goals and ensure that adequate water supplies are available to meet existing and future water demands. Please click here to learn more or view the UWMP for your area.
- Golden State Water plans to invest more than $2.8 million dollars in local infrastructure improvements in 2016.
- The 2016 investments include water supply enhancements, distribution and ongoing improvements designed to replace old meters, mains and safety equipment.
- Learn more.
Local News & Updates
Golden State Water invites all Simi Valley customers to an informational Open House meeting on Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
Click here for details.
During the month of August, Golden State Water is hosting a #H2OMakeover contest to reward one customer with a free indoor conservation makeover provided by Golden State Water’s Water-Use Efficiency Department.
Click here to learn more.