As a regulated utility, Golden State Water’s rates are determined by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) through a General Rate Case (GRC) to ensure customers receive a fair rate for reliable, quality water service.
- On July 15, 2020, Golden State Water filed a GRC application for the years 2022, 2023 and 2024. Learn more:
- Effective Sept. 27, 2019, an average residential customer in the Morongo Valley Customer Service Area would see a monthly bill increase of $0.007 per 748 gallons (1 Ccf), or approximately 0.1 percent, during the 12-month amortization period.
- Effective June 8, 2019, an average residential customer in the Morongo Valley Customer Service Area with a 5/8 x 3/4” meter using 8 Ccf per month would see a monthly bill decrease of $0.71 from $45.17 to $44.46 compared to 2018 (excluding any applicable surcharges).
- On May 30, 2019, Golden State Water’s GRC was approved by the State of California to set water rates for 2019, 2020 and 2021 and authorize infrastructure investments for the local system. New rates were implemented effective June 8, 2019. Learn more here. (| )
- On July 1, 2018, local water rates decreased by 3.21% to pass cost savings from the new lower federal corporate income tax requirement through to customers. Click to learn more.